Sunday, October 01, 2006

Progress!

Here's what my knitting looked like a week ago:



Dragon Scale Gauntlets, 9/25/06

Here's what it looks like as of today:


Dragon Scale Gauntlets, 10/1/06

Yay for progress!

Lucky me, I have a lecture class this quarter in which I can sit and knit. It's about 2-3 hours/week, so I have time to get stuff done! I'm also going to start looking into getting a knitting group together in my dorm.

The chart section of the left gauntlet is about 4" long, and the ribbing is about 4 3/4" (yikes; here's hoping they don't start to pucker because I really don't want to mess with short rows. I'm currently 5/6 of the way through the second of three pattern repeats. The knitting on chart rows is sometimes tough. I've come to hate M1B (M1R). I can do M1F (M1L) fairly easily most of the time now, though, and the decreases were never really a problem, so hey, at least it's a start. I'm getting a little laddering, but mostly at the very beginning of the gauntlet. And there's a weird little hole partway up the middle of the chart section, where I think I messed up. But otherwise, things look fine. I am a little paranoid about what may happen later if I have to do short rows, so I think I'll stick a lifeline in the last row of the third repeat. But who knows if I'll really need it.

...

*knocks on wood*

No comments: