Sunday, October 15, 2006

Phew.

I had to undo 12 rows (that's a whole repeat!), but I fixed the dropped-stitch mess and started knitting forward again. Currently I'm almost done with the second of three initial pattern repeats. The chart section is about 4 1/4" long; the ribbing is 4 1/2".

The knitting (well, fiber arts) group I organized met today for the first time. Of the four interested people, one only showed up briefly and then had to leave, one forgot about it, and the third person (other than me) came because he doesn't know how to knit and wants to learn. So I taught him to cast on and knit today, using leftover acrylic and the crappy plastic size 8 needles from my scarf. While he worked on things, I played with other leftover acrylic and my new(ish) Clover size 9 bamboo straights. They're okay -- kind of short, and the points are blunter than I like -- but hey, I got them for like $2, so I can't really complain. They feel great in my hands, certainly.

No comments: