Sunday, October 29, 2006

Still going...

Got a bunch done this weekend because I sat through three hours of lectures on Saturday. I saw two other women knitting there and was highly amused.

Current status: Two rows left in the sixth pattern repetition, which includes the second set of repetitions. Chart section is about 10 3/4" long; ribbing is 11 1/4". That means that I knitted two and a half repeats this week -- much more than I calculated as my average last week! -- and added 4" in length to the chart, 4 1/4" to the ribbing. Hmm... I'm knitting the ribbing as tightly as I can... I must've started to knit the chart more tightly as well. I'll try to loosen up on that.

I wouldn't think that eight stitches is that much of a decrease, but the gauntlet visibly tapers. It fits quite nicely. I think I'd have liked it a little tighter at the initial ribbing, but I was messing with DPNs for the first time while knitting that so the relative looseness of it isn't surprising.

I'm getting a little nervous that the skein won't last me for the whole gauntlet. Good thing I bought three skeins rather than two. But we'll see.

Today nobody came to the knitting group. I was sad, but at least I got all of that knitting done on Saturday to make up for what I didn't get done today (I just did one row while waiting to see if anyone was going to show up).

No comments: