Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fluff!

Well, I knitted (knit?) 2 more rows today. OMG the chart is freaking hard!!! I can do all of the stitches, but it's difficult to do them neatly/well/quickly when I'm working on DPNs... other needles keep getting in the way! It doesn't help that my stitches are really tight in that section, either. Oh well...

I FINALLY uploaded pictures so that this post can at least have a semblance of substance to it. First, pictures of the two swatches that I did for the gauntlets:


Dragon scale gauntlets swatch 1 Dragon scale gauntlets swatch 2


And here's a closeup of the stitch pattern from the chart swatch... it's hard to see, though. (It's tricky to see in person, too... I'm hoping that it comes out better in the actual gauntlets.)


Dragon scale gauntlets swatch 2b


I took a picture of the gauntlets in process (all ten rows of the left one), but for some reason it didn't upload. Maybe next week.


Also, here's a couple of pictures of the yarn that my summer roomate gave me. Isn't it purty? It's an acrylic/wool blend. I'm going to make a scarf for my grandma, and maybe the DNA Scarf for one of my parents if I have enough left over (who am I kidding, it's a HUGE amount of wool!).

yarn yarn



...and that be all for this week. Hopefully in the coming days I'll start to knit again... I have a lecture class that I don't know if I'll need to take notes in, and a looong boring lecture thingie on NCAA eligibility to attend Tuesday that I'll DEFINITELY be taking the knitting to...

No comments: