Finished the first swatch for the Dragon Scale Gauntlets, 24 st/32 rows of p2k2 ribbing.
Gauge stated by the pattern: 6 sts and 8 rows per inch.
Gauge I got: 8 sts and 6 rows per inch.
Head, meet desk.
Hopefully I can finagle it -- just add some more stitches in the ribbing for the gauntlets. I need to take my arm measurements and see. I may also skip a repeat of the chart; we'll see.
I am doing two chart repeats, bordered by 4 sts garter stitch, for my second swatch. I've completed one repeat. It was a little tricky at first to do the decreases/increases, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. SSK, in particular, is a breeze most of the time now. My only real concern is whether I'm doing the m1s so that they slant the right way... I don't think that I am. I can't really tell, though, because I've got 34 sts squooshed together on a short needle so I can't get a good look at the fabric I'm producing. I'll see how it looks when it comes off of the needles.
Well, that's basically it... I'll try to have swatch pictures next week (hopefully I'll have finished swatch #2 by then), but that's a little iffy since I will be packing up to go home for two weeks. We'll see.