Sunday, August 13, 2006

Soooooo clooooooose...

Five rows of garter stitch and weaving in of ends, and I'm done with the scarf. Well, maybe I'll have to do a quick wash before I count it really finished... it kind of smells.

So close to the end of this project, I am of course looking forward to the next (Dragon Scale Gauntlets). Swatching will be fun... 24 sts/32 rows p2k2 ribbing = 4" for this, supposedly, so I guess I get to do a 34x40 swatch. In p2k2 ribbing. With tiny (to me, at least, though I know that I could go much tinier) needles and yarn. (I'm not even sure I can fit 34 sts on one of my DPNs...) And I also need to swatch a chart repeat, but that should be fun for real. Hopefully I'll be done with the swatching pronto, and then somehow I'll find time to knit the actual gauntlets (next week is the last week of class, so my 1 hour per day of knitting time will be disappearing). I'm sure that it will be an adventure. Maybe I'll do a couple of chart repeats in my chart swatch, just to get the hang of it before I'm working on the actual garments.

I made my very first post on the knitting LJ community! It was to ask for help with some parts of the gauntlet pattern that were unclear to me, and I quickly got an extremely clear, useful answer. It was great. :)

I've got nothing else.

No comments: