Sunday, September 10, 2006

Slow going.

So people on Livejournal said that different row gauges shouldn't make a huge issue. If they do, I can always do short rows. (Wheee. *rolls eyes*) Cast on on the plane home on Tuesday. DPNs are MAJORLY fiddly. Eek. Now that I'm about five rows in (still doing ribbing) it's a little better. My first couple of rows look like the stitches are very loose at the join. I'll probably try to sew it up with the tail during finishing rather than frogging it.

No pictures of swatches or new yarn yet. Too busy. ;)

I'm itching to get to a consignment shop and buy a sweater to unravel for yarn. Call it my new mini-obsession. I was going to use a sweater that I have, but it looks like the seams are heavily overstitched, and my reference says that that could mean that the stitches were cut at the ends -- therefore no good for unraveling. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to tell whether the seams on a given sweater are good or not... perhaps it'll just have to be trial and error.

No comments: