Sunday, November 12, 2006

One down, (slightly less than) one to go!

I cast off the left armwarmer on Wednesday/Thursday. Cast on the right armwarmer yesterday (Saturday). Whee!

The completed one fits pretty well. It's been a struggle not to start wearing it before the other one is done! Final length is approx 16" in the chart section, 16 1/2" in the ribbing... umm. That's rather longer than it was supposed to be... Good thing, though, because I definitely like it as long as it is.

I thought that just finishing with one knit row and 7 rows of ribbing after the thumbhole would be plenty to make it long enough, but I ended up doing 9 rows of ribbing before binding off. If I'd known I probably would've knit three rows of chart before starting the ribbing. Oh well. It looks fine as is. I used the sewn bind-off, which was surprisingly easy and the results of which I quite liked. I think I'll definitely use that one in the future as well.

There are a couple of holes and some laddering loose stitches (mostly on the top/bottom ribbing), but all in all it looks pretty good. I'm proud. :)

Today I completed the last of the seven beginning rows of ribbing for the second gauntlet. It's currently an inch long.

Sorry no pictures at the moment; I took some but haven't had the chance to upload them... maybe next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I wanna see the armwarmer. Um...about my knitting/purling problem. The scarf pattern was knit 2 then purl 2, etc...

Yay, we DEF. need to knit together. Right now I'm working on a Sweater for my dog and a birthday present for Mindy. Weet woo.