Sunday, July 09, 2006

Single Chevron swatch and scarf begun...

I did a swatch for my first project ever, which will be a scarf in the Single Chevron pattern.

Here's the swatch:

2006.07.09 swatch



For the swatch I cast on 24 sts and did 20 pattern rows. It came out to 6.25" x 3.75". The pattern itself is fairly straightforward and relatively easy for me; it didn't take me long to get the hang of it.

A close up of the pattern:

2006.07.09 swatch pattern



After I finished the swatch, I started right in on my scarf. I cast on 32 stitches, and did 7 rows of garter stitch before starting the pattern repeats.

Here's a picture of it in progress yesterday evening (which is about as far as it is right now, too):

2006.07.09 knitting


It's about 2" at the moment. As you can perhaps (hopefully?) see, I'm doing 4 stitches of garter stitch on either side of the pattern. 3 stitches sometimes, actually, because I'm also slipping the first stitch of each row purlwise in the hopes of getting a nicer edge. So that's sl1 purlwise, k3, 3 repeats of whatever row of the pattern I'm on, k4. I'm going to do 32 rows of red, then switch to the blue yarn that most of my swatch is in for 20 rows, and then back to red again for another 32, and so on and so forth.

Yaaaaay for finally starting projects! Hopefully between stats class and plane rides I'll have this done or mostly done by the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work!

fleurdiabolique said...

Thank you! :)

(*blink* *blink* ...someone actually reads this thing? ...wow. ;) )