Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yarn store adventures!

First of all, a scarf update. This is how it looks at the moment:

Ropes and Ladders Scarf 12/31/2006


It's about 3 1/3 feet long. I'm in the middle of the thirteenth repeat. Probably only a few more (seven at absolute most) and I'll be done. I'd better look into getting some blocking wires (it's curling up awfully)!


In (IMO) much more exiting news, I went to a yarn store a few days ago! I chose to go to The Knitting Room in Arlington, MA, since a friend needed a ride into the city (it's a ways away and her car had broken) anyway. The store was nice. It was quite small, but given that it could offer a rather limited set of yarns it carried a decent variety in terms of weight, fiber content, color, etc.

I got:

Tasha yarn Tasha yarn 2

(the second picture is an attempt to better represent the color of the yarn, which is really a magenta -- the first picture is too washed-out and pink, the second too red)

This yarn is for making Tasha from Knitty. (I also picked up size 5 and 6 circs to make this project.) I am kind of shocked at myself for getting a yarn that's even remotely pinkish, but whatever. I like it.

Because it was on sale, I also got:

Random yarn Random yarn 2


I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, but it's purty.

Yay for yarn stores!

No comments: