Sunday, December 24, 2006

Progress!

I think I'm working on the fifth or sixth repeat of the cable part of the scarf. (Can't say for sure; it's downstairs, and the dog is sleeping, so I can't go down there tonight.) I've been sitting for thirty minutes to two hours at a time, knitting while watching TV with Dad and sometimes other family members. I only got the chance to do that a few days this week, but it's added up. I'll try for a picture next week, if I remember (is it New Year's Eve next Sunday? ...maybe no post from me till two weeks from now, then...). It seems to be going so fast -- big yarn and big needles and only something like 30 sts/row seem to knit up amazingly quickly after the armwarmers. But I've still got at least two-thirds, probably more like three-quarters or four-fifths, of the scarf to go. It's maybe nine inches or a foot long.

Cables are still scarily easy. And it's getting easy for me to read my knitting with this scarf -- I still check the pattern, but I can usually see what should come next without checking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you and cables are surprisingly easy. They look impressive though, don't they?

fleurdiabolique said...

Thanks! :) Yeah, they really are so incredibly easy (although I've learned not to let go of the cable needle -- I keep dropping stitches when I do that!).