Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stockinette is boring.

Sorry for no post last week. I was at Notre Dame, fencing. Since it's fencing season, posting may be a little sporadic. I'll tell you now that I probably won't post next week, since I'll be returning from another fencing trip then.

Tasha continues. I'm petrified that my gauge is changing and I'm not noticing, especially since I hadn't knit for like a week and a half before I picked it up again for a few rows last night (no time/energy due to fencing trip, and I was worried about my hand/wrist -- but I'll talk more about that in a moment). The sides are currently about 5 3/4" (OMG I'M PAST THE HALFWAY POINT THANK GOD) -- so in the past two weeks I've actually knit about 3 1/4"... not bad... but I wonder when I got it all done? *sigh* only... lessee... 3 3/4" left. Woooo.

Have I mentioned that stockinette is boring?

In other news, I'm vaguely worried that I'm giving myself a repetitive stress injury, what with fencing plus knitting plus computer plus writing. My wrist/base of thumb/forearm have been kinda sore and stiff or tense for the past two weeks... I got some tension/slight occasional pain in my forearm during knitting starting last fall but it wasn't terrible. This isn't terrible either, but it's more noticeable and much more persistent. Lucky me, I had an appointment with the athletic trainer for tomorrow anyway (bum knee, which funnily enough has been basically fine for the last few months)... I'll ask him about it then (and pray to God that I just pulled something).

No comments: